Vaccinating your child is one of the most important things you can do for your child and their future. If you are an adult and you haven’t been vaccinated, it is not too late to keep up with current immunisations and boosters.
If you would like to make an appointment to be immunised or if you would like to see what you have been immunised against in the past or if you are currently vaccinated, please call (02) 9698 3060 to speak to one of our friendly staff to arrange an appointment with one of our doctors.
Immunisations can save your child’s life:
– Your child will be protected against more diseases
– Some diseases have been prevented due to safe and effective vaccinations
Vaccination is safe and effective
– Immunisations have been carefully reviewed by medical scientists, doctors and medical professionals
– Vaccinations will only give some discomfort and soreness at the injection site. It is rare to have a severe allergic reaction to vaccinations.
Immunisations protects others you care about
– Children can get vaccine-preventable diseases, such as the comeback of measles and the whooping cough in Australia.
– It is important that you and your children get vaccinated because there are cases where there are babies that are too young to be immunised who have contracted vaccine-preventable diseases from family members.
Immunisations can save your family time and money
– A child can be denied access to schools and day care centres if they are not immunised
– Getting immunised against vaccine-preventable diseases is a good investment for the future and is covered by Medicare.
Immunisations protects future generations
– Many vaccines have reduced the occurrence of some diseases and they have even eliminated a fair few, such as the smallpox and polio to name a few. The smallpox vaccines are not required anymore due to the disease being eradicated.
– If we keep on continuing with vaccinating our children and adults, some of the diseases of today will cease to exist in the future.